Saturday, February 5, 2011

Refuge - Aspiration - Dedication - Vow

With the wish to free all beings
until we reach full awakening,
I will always go for refuge
to the Buddha, Dharma, and Sangha.

Today, in the presence of the Enlightened Ones,
inspired by Wisdom, Compassion, and Joyous Effort,
I generate the mind aspiring to full awakening
for the wellbeing of sentient beings.

For as long as space endures,
And as long as sentient beings remain,
May I continue to abide
and dispel the misery of the world.

I hereby dedicate all merit generated by this practice
To the liberation of all sentient beings.

Sentient beings are numberless,
I vow to liberate them.
Delusions are inexhaustible,
I vow to uproot them.
Dharma gates are infinite,
I vow to enter them.
The Great Way is unsurpassable,
I vow to embody it truly


Gassho _/|\_